• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aeroabir
    • Nov 2010

Renumbering nodes and elements

Hello,

Does FEBio renumber elements and nodes and write only the renumbered version in the plotfile?

I am having difficulty in matching the element/nodes in the Postview with the numbers I have in the .feb file.

Regards,
    Abir
  • maas
    Lead Code Developer
    • Nov 2007

If you are using the old LSDYNA plot file (.plt), then yes. The new (.xplt) passes the node and element numbers to PostView so that you should be able to match them up.

Cheers,

Steve.
    Department of Bioengineering, University of Utah
    Scientific Computing and Imaging institute, University of Utah

Comment

• StudentPaul
      • May 2012

Hi Steve,

how do I know what number difference appears between the FEBio and Postview file? I found a constant value of 7416 between the element numbering of Postview and FEBio. The node numbers are the same. These other 7416 numbers, are these the boundary conditions which have got an unique number? Or the loads, or geometry? In short: where does this value come from?

kind regards, Paul

Comment

• maas
        Lead Code Developer
        • Nov 2007

Hi Paul,

There should not be a number difference. The numbers in PostView and FEBio should be the same. Is it possible for you to upload this file so I can try to reproduce the problem here on my end?

Thanks,

Steve
        Department of Bioengineering, University of Utah
        Scientific Computing and Imaging institute, University of Utah

Comment

• StudentPaul
          • May 2012

Hi Steve,

i'm using the old format .plt, and you mentioned that renumbering occures in this format. I was just wandering where this specific number comes from.
          If I understand correctly, if i use the output .xplt then this renumbering should not appear. However, i use the logfile to output some data and in this case, i have to add this number 7416 to the elements i want to know the output from, in order to get the correct element numbers and output in the logfile. Here is my file and my logfile. I want to output data of the elements with the lowest z-coordinate and these have another number in the geometry section then in the logfile.

gr, Paul
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞