X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hkrynauw
    • Feb 2010

More negative jacobian problems, non-initial ones this time

So after a bit of coding I managed to get my node numbering consistent. Currently preview reports no negative element volumes and my model runs, as long as I do not touch any of the elements in one of the entities. I have removed the other parts as they are behaving properly and left only the culprits. The moment I apply a force to any of the node, apply fixed displacement to them or get them near a contact interface, the wheels come off.

I realise there are some unused nodes - they are part of the geometry which I removed.

Any help will be very much appreciated!
    Hugo
  • ateshian
    Developer
    • Dec 2007

Hi Hugo,

Your mesh is insufficiently constrained. You need more boundary conditions to prevent infinite motion upon the application of a load.

Also, you use a multi-step analysis (from t=0 to t=1, then from t=1 to t=2) but you apply a load boundary condition in the second step, which increases from 0 to 1 when t increases from 0 to 1. This means that, at the start of the second step (t=1), the applied load suddenly jumps to 1. This may cause convergence problems, even after you provide sufficient constraints.

Best,

Gerard

Comment

Working...
    X
    😀
    😂
    🥰
    😘
    🤢
    😎
    😞