X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lefeverj
    • Sep 2010

Difficulties with biphasic analysis

I am having difficulties with biphasic analysis using the newest version of FEBio for XP (1.3.0.2211), released 6/1/2011. The first attached file, linearbiot.feb, is a compression of a column of porous media. It executes properly on an earlier version of FEBio (1.3.0.1849), but when executed on the most recent release, the fluid phase is ignored. The second attached file, linearbiotflux.feb, uses the same geometry with a fluid flux load in place of the normal traction. It also executes properly on the earlier version, but in the newer version the fluid phase is ignored, and thus it behaves as if it had no load.

I have run the simulations in the Biphasic Examples forum with similar results.

Additionally, the download link for the OS X version points to the Linux version. Can someone help solve these problems?

Thanks,
    Joel
  • maas
    Lead Code Developer
    • Nov 2007

Joel,

As of version 1.3.0, the presence of a poro-elastic material no longer triggers the biphasic analysis mode. You have to specifically request it by adding the the following tag to your input file. This tag must appear as the first tag in the input file, thus before the Control tag.

Code:
    <Module type="poro"/>
    I apologize for the inconvenience, but we decided to do this, since recently more analysis modes were added, making it increasingly more complicated to deduce the analysis based on material properties. In the new version of PreView you are able to set the analysis type, without editing the input file.

Thanks for pointing out the problem with the link. We will try to correct that as soon as possible.

Let me know if you have any further problems.

Cheers,

Steve.
    Department of Bioengineering, University of Utah
    Scientific Computing and Imaging institute, University of Utah

Comment

• dsrawlins
      Developer
      • Dec 2008

Joel,

The link to the Mac version has been fixed on the download page. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Cheers,

Dave
      Department of Bioengineering, University of Utah
      Scientific Computing and Imaging institute, University of Utah

Comment

Working...
      X
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢