X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • itsbcos
    • Nov 2010

Running A Batch of .feb Files

Hi all - quick question about the FEBio solver input.

I've been working to create some master curves based on my model, and as such I have many FEBio files that I need to run in order to generate multiple curves for differing material parameters. The problem is that when I start to run multiple files, I need to be at the computer to catch when one file is finished so I can start the next. This part is killing my productivity since I can't just set it and walk away or leave it going overnight, so I've been looking (unsuccessfully) through the documentation and forums to find if there was some sort of batch .feb file loading built into FEBio.

I tried to do multiple commands, most of which didn't run, but in the one that did run ("febio -i file1.feb -i file2.feb") FEBio just stopped after the first file was finished. Any suggestions as to how I could give the solver a batch of .feb files to process without any additional input from me (short of trying to use a computer macro)?

Thanks for your help,
    Brian
  • ateshian
    Developer
    • Dec 2007

Hi Brian,

Create a text file, e.g., mybatch.bat, which contains the following lines:
    febio -i file1.feb
    febio -i file2.feb

On a unix system (Mac OSX or Linux), you execute the batch program by typing the following command:

source mybatch.bat

On a Windows machine (I am rusty about this), I think you can just type

mybatch

and it should execute the lines within.

Best,

Gerard

Comment

• itsbcos
      • Nov 2010

Awesome - thanks! I don't know why I never thought of creating a .bat file - thanks very much for your help.

-Brian

Comment

Working...
      X