• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • guillaume
    • Mar 2011

vtk output

Hi,

I'm a new user on FEBio and I would like to implement a vtk output in FEBio. I would like to know if you could give me any tips for an efficient implementation. For instance, my new class must inherit from the class PlotFile or from the class Logfile ?

Cheers,

Guillaume
  • maas
    Lead Code Developer
    • Nov 2007

Hi Guillaume,

The logfile only contains what was output to the screen, where the plotfile will contain the results of the analysis. Therefore, I think the plotfile would be the best starting point.

Cheers,

Steve.
    Department of Bioengineering, University of Utah
    Scientific Computing and Imaging institute, University of Utah

Comment

• guillaume
      • Mar 2011

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the help.

I implemented a new class that I called "Output_Vtu_File"in the Febio directory. With this new class, I would like to open a text file that I called "test.txt" (for the moment) and copy the coordinates of the nodes, the connectivity of elements ... to read the results of a computation with the software "visit".

I don't know how to tell to Febio that I want to use my new class for the output and also the existing one. I think I must put a keyword in the xml file and in the class (but I don't know where and how ?).

Here is my new class in the current state and the xml file. Please could you tell me how to use my new class from the xml file.

Thank you in advance.

Guillaume.

PS: I saw in the class "Logfile" a function called "getInstance (). Maybe I need to write the same function in my new class ?

Comment

• maas
        Lead Code Developer
        • Nov 2007

Hi Guillaume,

I did not realize you want to use your new format in addition to the exising plotfile. Altough it is straightforward to make your own plotfile, FEBio is not setup to use more than one plotfile. If this is what you want to do, you may have to do some difficult coding to get that working.

As an alternative you may want to look into the DataRecord::Write function and simply modify the output to match the format you need. Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Steve.
        Department of Bioengineering, University of Utah
        Scientific Computing and Imaging institute, University of Utah

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢