• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • michalacadova
    • Jan 2010

Import Gmsh

Hi,
    I have problems importing a meshed geometry from GMSH. I am using the recombine mesh, i.e. not the triangle/tetrahedron, but the quads/ prism. But since both are kind of volumetric mesh I don’t see the reason, why it should not import it. With the mesh made of tetrahedrons it works fine. But now I am having problems – the PreView just crashes.

I have several notices that I have realised until now (it is also mentioned in the manual or elsewhere in the forum, but just to sum up): Preview still recognise only the extension *.gmsh, not *.msh, only the $MeshFormat “2” not “2.1” or “2.2” is accepted, and only $Nodes nor $ParametricNodes are supported. Is there something else that I should keep in mind while importing the geometry from Gmsh?

I have attached two files – one that PreView can read and one that it can’t.

Michala
  • maas
    Lead Code Developer
    • Nov 2007

Hi Michala,

There was a small bug in the GMsh reader that was causing the problem. It's easy to fix so I'll try to get it done today. About the extension, I'm not too familiar with the gmsh program so what is the default extension that the program uses? Is it .gmsh or .msh? If it uses both I can support both in PreView as well. Just let me know what you would prefer.

Thanks,

Steve.

PS: the fixed (windows) executable is available
    Department of Bioengineering, University of Utah
    Scientific Computing and Imaging institute, University of Utah

Comment

• michalacadova
      • Jan 2010

Hi,
      the default extension is *.msh.

Michala

Comment