• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • michalacadova
    • Jan 2010

Friction

Hi,
    I have a question concerning friction in the sliding interface. I have an example (see the feb file in the appendix Fr005Plow) that is a 2D representation of the plowing test. The sample is a poroelastic material, the indenter is rigid body. I wanted to see how the force (the force component that is in the direction of the forward movement of the indenter) of the rigid body change, when I change the friction (mu = 0 and mu =0.5). I cannot see any changes in the results. Where could be a problem?

In the manual I have read that friction can be used only with “Node-on-facet”. I have used this kind of contact, so there should not be a problem. Or is there a difference which “kind/definition” of the surface I use? Like the “Node Set” or “Surface (editable mesh)” or “Surface (face, not editable mesh)”. I am not using the editable mesh since for this 2D representation I was not able to set the contact properly (the indenter just went through the sample, see EdMbottomFixDisp).

Thanks for any tips
    Michala
  • ateshian
    Developer
    • Dec 2007

Hi Michala,

The poroelastic contact interface (sliding2) does not support friction yet (this feature will be added in the future). It currently applies only to frictionless interfaces. The other contact interfaces, which implement friction, do not apply to poroelastic contact.

Gerard

Comment

• michalacadova
      • Jan 2010

Hi Gerard,
      Thank you for your reply. Do you have any idea when could these feature be implemented? It is a question of weeks, months …?

Michala

Comment

• ateshian
        Developer
        • Dec 2007

Hi Michala,

I would say it is a question of months. The theoretical formulation for a finite element implementation of friction for poroelastic contact first needs to be derived. That means I need an extended period of free time to work on it

Gerard

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡