• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • abogaers
    • Dec 2010

Fluid structure interactions

Hi,

I previously placed a similar question but realized I did so in the wrong Forum.

I'm busy putting together an fluid structure interactions coupling code and am interested in using FEBio for the structural analysis. The eventual aim is to use the code for cardiovascular research.

The major concern I have with FEBio is that an initial stress state cannot be initialized. I had a look at the source code but haven't been able to discern whether this is in fact possible. Any ideas?

As a temporary work around to test the coupling code I tried making use of the restart file option with modified load curves. There however seems to be a bug in the code in this regard. Any indication when this might be fixed? Is there perhaps something I can do on my end?

Thanks,
    Alfred
  • maas
    Lead Code Developer
    • Nov 2007

Hi Alfred,

We have thought about adding an initial stress feature, but the problem is that in general defining an initial stress actually requires solving a nonlinear problem (to obtain the corresponding strains). We were hoping that perhaps the multi-step feature might be a way around it. Have you looked into that.

Can you a bit more specific about the bug you are encountering with the restart feature? Perhaps you can share your input files, so I can recreate the problem on my end?

Thanks,

Steve.
    Department of Bioengineering, University of Utah
    Scientific Computing and Imaging institute, University of Utah

Comment

Working...
    X
    😀
    😂
    🥰
    😘
    🤢