• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • abogaers
    • Dec 2010

Fsi

Hi,

I'm currently busy putting together a fluid structural interactions coupling code for the eventual use in cardiovascular research. FEBio seems like a very promising option for the structural analysis.

My biggest concern however is that an initial stress state cannot be initialized. I've had a look at the source code, but as with most fairly comprehensive codes its a lot to take in at once. Is this something that would be at all possible?

As a temporary workaround I tried using the restart file option with modified load curves. I'm not particularly fond of the idea of having to use files but its a workable solution. I do however understand that there seems to be a bug in the code. Is there any indication when this might be fixed? Perhaps something I can do on my end?

Thanks,
    Alfred
  • maas
    Lead Code Developer
    • Nov 2007

Hi Alfred,

I apologize I did not notice this post sooner. I'm sure you have moved on by now, but if you still consider using FEBio, please know that the restart feature has been fixed.

Also, we are developing a new version of FEBio for which users can develop plugins. The advantage is that users can customize the code without having to delve through the source code. If this is something that you think you can use, I'd be more than happy to tell you a bit more about this capability.

Again, sorry for the late response.

Regards,

Steve.
    Department of Bioengineering, University of Utah
    Scientific Computing and Imaging institute, University of Utah

Comment

Working...
    X
    😀
    😂
    🥰
    😘