X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dschuldt
    • Aug 2010

Importing .inp files

So, it appears as though other people have been able to import .inp files into PreView. I, however, have not been able to. No matter how big or small attempting to import results in a crash of PreView. Is there anything special that I have to do to get it to import correctly (eg remove material definitions from the file)?
  • maas
    Lead Code Developer
    • Nov 2007

Would it be possible for you to upload an example file that crashes. Preferably a small one.

Thanks,

Steve.
    Department of Bioengineering, University of Utah
    Scientific Computing and Imaging institute, University of Utah

Comment

• dschuldt
      • Aug 2010

I guess the first thing I need to know is if FEBio is able to run 2D inp files. The spinal model (which is 3D, naturally) is about 600k nodes, and I can send it to you (assuming that I get the go ahead from my advisor) to further my adventure in this.

Comment

• dschuldt
        • Aug 2010

Downloaded the newest PreView and it now loads a one element cube but gives an error complaining about the NSET.

Comment

• maas
          Lead Code Developer
          • Nov 2007

Okay, I see the problem. I haven't added support for assemblies yet. It's getting stuck at the nodesets for the assemblies since PreView doesn't understand the instance parameter. I'll see if I can make the Abaqus reader a little smarter. Until then, just define your nodesets on the part, if possible.

Cheers,

Steve.
          Department of Bioengineering, University of Utah
          Scientific Computing and Imaging institute, University of Utah

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢