• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rooks.t
    • Mar 2010

dxf import crashes preview

Hello,

I'm having another problem with PreView crashing. I'm attempting to import a .dxf file of a tibia, and as soon as I select to merge it to the scene, PreView quits working. Any clues on what is happening, or how to fix it are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Tyler
  • maas
    Lead Code Developer
    • Nov 2007

Hi Tyler,

I will have to see the dxf file to see what might causing the problem. I'm guessing it is a keyword that PreView does not yet support. Is it possible for you to upload it?

Cheers,

Steve.
    Department of Bioengineering, University of Utah
    Scientific Computing and Imaging institute, University of Utah

Comment

• rooks.t
      • Mar 2010

Yeah, I can upload the file. There are two files I'm working with. The Subject_003_corrected_dxf one is the one that causes PreView to crash, and the Subject_003_dxf, comes up with an error saying "could not find POLYLINES geometry"

Thanks for the help.

Tyler

Comment

• maas
        Lead Code Developer
        • Nov 2007

Okay, so these files don't seem to contain any geometry that PreView understands. Currently, PreView only understands the POLYLINE and VERTEX keywords, since neither file contains these keywords, PreView throws the warning that it could not find POLYLINES. At least, for one of the files. The other file contains an LWPOLYLINE keyword, which causes PreView to choke. Is there any way you can convert your model to a polyline? If not, I'll see if I can add support for the 3DFACE keyword.

Cheers,

Steve.

Comment

• rooks.t
          • Mar 2010

Ok, so it doesn't look like I have the capability or access to the right programs to change the geometry. Thanks for your help.

Tyler

Comment

• maas
            Lead Code Developer
            • Nov 2007

Ok. If you still like to, I can add support for the 3DFace keyword. If so, please go ahead and make a feature request in the proper forum so I won't forget about it .

Cheers,

Steve.

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢