• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • susanna.piccinelli
    • Nov 2009

poroelastic model don't start

Hello,
    i'm trying to do a simple model of the knee and I want to model the cartilage like a poroelastic material. I have three material: cartilage, that is a poroelastic cilinder, Tibia (cilinder) and Femur (sphere) modelled as linear elastic. The problem is that the file .feb don't start.
    Without the introduction of poroelasticity the program goes.
    I saw in a previous thread that the problem is easily resolveble, but I can't understand how to do it.
    I will be glad if you can help me.

I have an other problem: when I open an old file, PreView can't read well the contact, in particular read the Tied contact as sliding contact. I can resolve easily this problem working on the .feb file, but I want to advise you in the case it's possible to resolve this problem in the future version of FEbio. Probably this problem is only with Windows Vista.

Thank you

susanna
  • maas
    Lead Code Developer
    • Nov 2007

Hi Susanna,

Can you please attach your .feb input file so that I can take a look at it.

That problem you are having with PreView, which PreView version are you using? Know that I uploaded a new version of PreView (1.2.1) a few days ago. Please check and see if this version also has this problem, and if so, please post this as a bug report.

Thanks,

Steve.
    Department of Bioengineering, University of Utah
    Scientific Computing and Imaging institute, University of Utah

Comment

• susanna.piccinelli
      • Nov 2009

I didn't know of the knew version of the PreView. I will try to see if the problem persists.

I have attached my .feb file.

thanks a lot.

Comment

• susanna.piccinelli
        • Nov 2009

I'm sorry. I attached the wrong file. The geometry, contact and boundary condition are the same, but in the prevoius file the cartilage isn't poroelastic.
        The file that i have attached here is yhe right one.

thanks

Comment

• maas
          Lead Code Developer
          • Nov 2007

Hi Susanne,

Sorry for the late reply. I tried this file with the latest version of FEBio (version 1.1.7) and it runs fine. Is this the version you are using as well? If not, please download the latest version from the web and give it a try. Let me know if you are still having problems.

Cheers,

Steve.
          Department of Bioengineering, University of Utah
          Scientific Computing and Imaging institute, University of Utah

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢