• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ssibole
    • May 2009

Fiber direction error

Hi Steve,

We are trying to run a fairly large model (~75,000 nodes) with three material definitions. All are neo-Hookean, yet FEBio (linux 64-bit version) is throwing error messages about not having fiber directions specified. The mesh was generated in TrueGrid which was also used to assign material sets using the mti command. We exported it as a Nike3D file and then imported this to PreView.

The input file just over the attachment size limit so I'll email this to you directly. The new version of PreView also generates 2 lines in the control block which FEBio doesn't like:
    <pressure_stiffness>1</pressure_stiffness>
    <plot_level>PLOT_DEFAULT</plot_level>

We deleted these. Finally, when attempting to import a model in ABAQUS format into PreView the element sets do not carry through. I'll send you the ABAQUS file as well if you would like to investigate this feature at all (do a find for "elset").

Regards,
    Scott
  • maas
    Lead Code Developer
    • Nov 2007

Hi Scott,

Sorry for the late reply. Let me know if you still need help with this.

Cheers,

Steve.
    Department of Bioengineering, University of Utah
    Scientific Computing and Imaging institute, University of Utah

Comment

• maas
      Lead Code Developer
      • Nov 2007

Hi Scott,

I think you must be using an older version. The problem seems to be running with version 1.1.7. I have uploaded the windows and 64-bit linux version to the website. Please give that version a try and let me know if the problem is fixed.

Cheers,

Steve.
      Department of Bioengineering, University of Utah
      Scientific Computing and Imaging institute, University of Utah

Comment

Working...
      X
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢