• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sara
    • Aug 2015

Optimisation

Hello,

I am trying to run this optimization but it doesn't work. I don't know what else I can do.

Cheers,
    Sara
    Opt-Soft_tissue.txtSoft_tissue-Calc-Probe.zip
  • ateshian
    Developer
    • Dec 2007

Hi Sara,

Please provide a little bit more information: (1) What is your model about and what do you expect it to do? I notice that you have rigid interfaces between the Soft tissue (Ogden material) and the Rigid-Calc (rigid body). However, the surfaces you have defined go beyond the actual boundaries of the Rigid-Calc body. Is your base model able to run properly? (2) If so, then what error message do you get with the optimization analysis?

Best,

Gerard

Comment

• Sara
      • Aug 2015

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.
      The model is about doing indentation on soft tissue. The rigid-Cal is bone and actually I used the soft tissue surface to make it. I don't mind not to have it and I can fix that part of the soft tissue properly. The reason I am using it, is that I have to get the reaction force in order to do optimisation.
      The model runs properly without running optimisation.
      When I run the optimisation, just it doesnt work. I didnt get any message, just the program stopped working.

Many thanks,
      Sara

Comment

• Sara
        • Aug 2015

Just another thing.

I can completely delete rigid-Cal and use probe force.

Regards,
        Sara

Comment

• Sara
          • Aug 2015

Hi,

Probably some more useful information:
          I have the force deformation graph from experiments. The experiment was in a constant deformation rate so I have the load-time on the probe (the rigid body or the calcaneus rigid body) during the experiments. I imported the force during the time in optimisation input file. I want to optimise the material coefficients of the soft tissue in a way that the force-time graph from FE results get closer to the experimental data. I changed the optimisation file in different ways but those didn't work. The file without optimisation part works properly and I dont have any idea how can I change it to work.

Regards,
          Sara

Comment

• Sara
            • Aug 2015

Actually I cannot even run the optimisation program from the examples which I downloaded them from febio website.

I don't have any idea about what a big mistake I am doing.

Cheers,
            Sara

Comment

• ateshian
              Developer
              • Dec 2007

Hi Sara,

Which problem are you unable to run? There are four optimization problems in the Verify2 suite. They can be executed using the following commands:

febio2 -s op01.feb -i oi01.feb
              febio2 -s op02.feb -i oi02.feb
              febio2 -s op03.feb -i oi01.feb
              febio2 -s op04.feb -i oi02.feb

(If necessary, substitute whichever alias you use to run febio2 on your machine.) They all run properly for me, so please clarify what is not working for you.

Best,

Gerard

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞