• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ppetrov.net
    • May 2009

FEBio and electro-conductivity FEM model

Hello to the FEBio community.

Let this be my introduction to the community with a question in mind.

I am currently on R&D for my MSc-thesis on predicting TMS electro-magnetic effect on a human brain. Challenging as it is, I am looking into ready to use libraries and simulation packages.

I wonder whether any user member had a previous experience in electro-conductivity simulation using FEBio. If so, are you willing to share some expertise and some general advice with me. I will appreciate any help, as I have 9months to come with something decent.

I will, probably, keep the community posted up to date with my progress.

Ultimately, I will be able to predict to some degree the current induced by an external 8-shape tesla-coil magnetic field on a anisotropic model of the human brain. The model will be FEM constructed using DTI difussion-tensor-imaging to define the properties of white/gray/CSF matter.

Any comment appreciated. and 10x in advance

Cheers,
    Petar
  • maas
    Lead Code Developer
    • Nov 2007

Hi Petar,

Your project sounds really intruiging, however I'm not sure if FEBio is the tool you need. FEBio was designed for continuum mechanics and dynamics simulations and does not contain any capabilities to model electro-magnetic effects. Although we are always willing to expand FEBio's feature set, there are currently no plans to include such capabilities since, aside from you, we have had no requests to do otherwise. Perhaps in the future when there is more demand for modeling of electro-magnetism, we would be more than happy to look into it. I hope you will find what you are looking for.

Cheers,

Steve.
    Department of Bioengineering, University of Utah
    Scientific Computing and Imaging institute, University of Utah

Comment

• ppetrov.net
      • May 2009

it seems the one I am looking for is : http://www.sci.utah.edu/SCIRunDocs/i...utorial:BioFEM

the BIO-FEM package from the SCIrun application,
      FeBIO and BioFEM, so close writtenm, yet so different

sorry for the confusion

and it seems BioFEM/SCIRun dont have a forum

Comment

Working...
      X
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢